PROCOS, Expert Federation for Town Planning and for the Development of Specialised Retail
Procos, France's leading specialised retailers’ federation
For more than 30 years now, Procos has brought together the country’s specialised retail chains to advise them on store development programmes and to help them adapt their expansion to the changes underway in society.
Today, the Procos Federation unites the specialised retail sector around the liveliest and most dynamic aspects of the market. Its member store chains account for 35% of the turnover of the French retail sector, (excluding food large formats like hypermarket, discounters...).
Procos provides its members with unrivalled knowledge of retail urban planning, sharing with them a common view and a common ethical approach to retailing, a community-minded spirit which attaches great importance to protecting both towns and consumers, in addition to a very open approach to the world.
Above all however, this is a club in which the relationships between members are based on trust, confidentiality, dialogue and the recognition of the need for joint action to defend common interests.
Retail Trade development – The aim of Procos
A unique expertise for understanding and innovating
Procos offers its members:
• Studies on the Retail structure and evolution of French urban areas (150 reports available).
• Analysis of French retail projects (regular monitoring of 450 schemes).
• Groups of specialized work focusing on the development of: medium sized shopping centers, retail parks, small towns, leisure developments…
• Project-specific consultancy for members considering new set-up strategies.
These facilities are reserved exclusively for Procos members.
Value the vitality of French retail trade Diversity, expansion of retail activity and concept: the image of French retail business is unique in Europe !
To support and communicate this vitality and creativity, Procos:
• Remains faithful to retail property fundamentals and the French legal system which has in turn helped create a dynamic and successful business.
• Has created a school for retail chain developers and organizes training courses.
• Rewards the mayors, promoters and individuals who value specialized retail business by awarding “The Procos Prize” each year.
• Analyses trends of retail business with a monthly panel and quarterly meetings with retail chain members.